Hi all -- hope you're getting your feet ready for our 15 mile jaunt down Pico!
Now, some info:
1. I haven't heard from enough of you yet about whether you want to rent a bus to take you back downtown. The price overall is $300; I figure we'd need at least 10 people (at $30 a pop) to make it reasonable. If you want to join in, email me by Monday... the bus people have to know by Tuesday. If there's not enough takers, then everyone may have to figure out the return trip (MTA, I guess) on their own.
2. We've got a spot for the party! Cha Cha Chicken happens to be right there at the end of Pico in Santa Monica -- so it's perfect. What's more, they can accomodate all of us, PLUS it's BYOB, so if anyone wants to celebrate with a little booze, it's completely allowed.
3. If you drop out of the walk but still want to return for the party, just hope down to Cha Cha Chicken (at Pico and Ocean in Santa Monica). I assume we'll be there no later than 6.
4. If we do rent the bus, I'm guessing it will probably leave for downtown by 8... we need to cushion in that time in case we're running late and bus riders want to still have dinner with us.
5. If you can't meet us right at the start line, simply wait for us further down on Pico. When you see a big crowd walking down Pico for no real reason, that's us!
6. Please spread the word this week -- on your blog, to friends, etc. LA Weekly is doing a blurb on the walk, and Thrillist is doing a write-up for its daily email.
7. T-shirts are on sale! Unfortunately, they won't be ready until after the walk is over. But if you want to buy one (there's no markup, we're not making a dime off it), go to our Cafe Press store: www.cafepress.com/franklinavenue. There, you'll see a couple of different shirt styles with the cool Great Los Angeles Walk logo designed by Maria.
8. Keep checking the website for info! www.greatlawalk.com
9. See you Saturday, 9 am at Pico and Central, in front of the Coca-Cola Bottling Plant building!